I have heard of Royale Beauty Kojic Papaya Soap some time back but didn’t really get down on my foot to try it. Achieving fair porcelain skin is one of every girl’s dream and this soap is said to help diminish dark areas, eliminate melasma and freckles, remove pimples and lighten the skin. The soap is also proven to rejuvenate and nourish the skin by holding back the formation of melanin.
Kojic Papaya Soap contains a complete mixture of active and powerful ingredients making it a very effective soap in moisturizing, whitening and lightening the skin. Unlike other soaps, Kojic Papaya is safe and does not contain any side effects that can worsen skin problems. In fact, it can treat the following skin issues:
- Sun spots
- Acne or pimples
- Body acne
- Skin blisters
- Hyper pigmentation
- Keratosis Pilaris
I have been wanting to achieve a fairer skin tone (who doesn’t?) for quite a while now and because of the lack of sun block application, I became a shade darker whenever I run for events. A major epic moment for a beauty blogger I know, so I bear that in mind whenever I go for runs now.
I got mine from this seller on Qoo10 at $10 including normal postage fees.
Delivery maybe took about a week? Was expecting a shorter delivery time after reading the reviews but nope, that wasn’t the case.
But I guess 1 week is still acceptable.
I’m a little wary about the effects of this soap because I have read reviews stating that it causes a tingling sensation and would cause mild peeling of the skin because one of the main function is for exfoliating purposes.
I don’t have sensitive skin but I did a patch testing on my right backhand first before applying my whole body. No weird feeling so I proceeded to lather it on my whole body.
I skipped my face for the first attempt though, fearing it would cause massive destruction to my face. You know how important face is to girls. 😉
I tried on my face on the second time round and so far, no sensitivity/allergy.
It was very well-packed. Seller also included a brochure but didn’t manage to snap a pic.
Now, for my review after using it twice.
Of course, nothing is ever magical and even if the claimed effects are immediately prominent, it might only be a temporary thing.
I understand that many girls who have tried this soap, mentioned that a month would be a good gauge as our skin takes about 28 days to renew itself?
Anyway, here are the pros and cons:-
- No allergy but be careful not to let it come into contact to your vjj. I experienced a little tingling and itchy sensation down there, most probably because this soap is acidic and our vjjs are alkaline? Whatever it is, try avoiding getting the soap to be in contact with sensitive areas such as your eyes as well. Read reviews that they sting your eyes….so be careful!
- Skin felt a little smoother perhaps due to its exfoliating effects
- No peeling effect – is the product not working well? Other girls mentioned that peeling effects would mean that the soap is working effectively.
- Skin feels tight and dry, especially on the face after using the soap. This is normal though, just be sure to apply moisturiser after that.
- Tingling feel at sensitive areas as mentioned above.
- I’m not a soap bar person because I hate lathering it on my body. I prefer the contemporary body wash style.
- Some girls complained about the smell and that it smells like puked payaya. It does smell like payaya, but I guess the ‘puke’ part is somehow still acceptable for me. Not that pungent.
As mentioned, I will continue to use it to analyse its effects. Hopefully it can help to bring my skin tone a shade or two lighter and also lighten my scars and freckles. Will snap pictures of before and after to provide a more comprehensive and detailed review! 🙂