I must admit that I was one of those lazy ones who couldn’t care less about applying sunblock and its importance. I have had freckles on my face for the longest time ever known, like since young? It could be because I used to be quite sporty back in my teens (yeah I know, it was that long!) and I was frequently under the sun. I used to be quite tanned to be honest.
By now, I hope you girls know the importance of applying sunblock before heading outdoors, if not you should really google all about it!
Anyhoo, I guess the freckles stuck by me for the longest time (sounds so wrong?) and till date, I still have them. Speaking of which, I hope I’ll be able to laser them off soon or something but honestly speaking, lasering my face is so much scarier than lasering off my birthmarks on my body?
It was only until recently I decided to be more diligent and apply sunblock lotion before applying my foundation. I’m using Chanel compact foundation powder by the way that includes an SPF of 20. I was using Sunplay SKIN Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++ and DrX’s Non-tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+ (5A) 60ml.
Recently, I ordered this Biore sunblock from Qoo10 and I’ve been loving it ever since! Never regretted.
With the constant lack of sleep, my skin loses its radiance easily and the lack of luster inevitably results in dull skin. That was the reason why I choose ‘bright skin’ instead of the rest.
Now, on to my face.
These pictures are totally unedited, except to sharpen its resolution (because my iphone camera sucks).
Sigh, just take a look at all my ugly freckles and huge pores… 😥
After application of foundation powder :
Now, for the pros and cons.
- It does brighten up your skin instantly after application
- It has quick-absorbent properties
- Dries up pretty fast so you will have to apply quickly all over your face
- The price difference between retail and the Qoo10 shop which I got this sunblock from is like what, a few bucks? I only realised it when I happen to chance upon it at SaSa which is selling at $15+. Not sure about other retail shops though.
- Too small a bottle, wish it came in bigger size like its blue version (Sunplay SKIN Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++)
Overall rating :