I have been wearing falsies/fake eyelashes for quite some time now, approx for 6 years? Haha! And I’ve been wanting to stop wearing them for a more natural look but because my natural eyelashes are extremely short, I have been trying to grow them out wish eyelash serum and tonic. Results can be said to be effective but nothing fantastic. More on that later.
While I was “window-shopping” on Qoo10, I chanced upon this highly raved mascara – Love Alpha Fibre Mascara. Just so you know that this isn’t a paid advertorial or sponsorship. I paid $11.90 +$1.50 normal postage fee for it which amounts to $13.40.
A few bucks more expensive than its promo price.
The packaging is indeed pretty and although there are other mascaras which comes in such packaging, this is my first time seeing this!
This is how it looks when applied :
Now, for the reviews…
- It really does lengthen and volumise your lashes
- Easy to apply with minimal steps
- Pretty packaging
- I really loathe how it clumps, clumps and keeps on clumping! I’ve tried twice and 4 times altogether (because you have a pair of eyes?) but it still clumps….
- The correct method is to apply the fiber at mid-length and ends of the lashes but…it still clumps!
- 2-way method is definitely more troublesome than those mascaras which already have fibre in them – am now trying another mascara from Loreal, will blog about it soon 🙂
- Seller claims its authentic but I can guarantee and her attitude and customer service is not fantastic as reflected in the reviews
- Takes a longer time to apply compared to other mascara – definitely not for those rushing in the morning to work
Will I recommend this product?
The answer is NO.
It may be cheap but I can’t guarantee the authenticity despite the authenticity sticker and clumping mascara is definitely a BIG NO-NO! I don’t know if the problem lies with me or what but some others didn’t face this problem, and perhaps practice does make perfect…?