As I’ve mentioned previously, these few weeks have been and will be a very hectic period of time for me, but thankfully, I managed to find some time to meet up with the primary school buddies! It’s been 15 years since we were friends and only recently, did we get back in contact with one another. We are actually hoping that more of our ex-classmates would be keen to join us for regular meetups and all but well…I guess it may be awkward since most of ur have lost contact for the longest time!
Anyway, we went cafe-hopping and since this is like the ‘in’ thing currently, I suggested it to my friends. We didn’t really hop-hop because we only ‘hopped’ 2 cafes on a day. But well, at least we tried 😀
Some of you may already have known that I am one of the Brand Ambassadors for this very awesome phone app known as ‘Sugar‘. Don’t worry, my role is no where near sales per se but only to promote and create awareness of this app. I’m not saying this only because I’m their BA but it’s really really cool.
What is Sugar about?
This App helps you to seek awesome cafes, restaurants and even lifestyle outlets such as beauty salons, dance classes, music classes and even self-defense classes! And to encourage you to constantly try out new things in life because you only live once, Sugar provides an incentive whereby you can try these new stuffs at a lower price than usual!
How do you go about using Sugar app?
1. Download the app – search for ‘sugar’ or more specifically, ‘wewantsugar’ in your App Store.
2. Register an account using your mobile number. This is how they identify the user as you would need to use your mobile to redeem your orders.
3. Key in the OTP code and you’re done!
You will receive free $10 credits upon download and will be able to receive more free credits when you top up!
4. Start using the app by searching what’s nearby by ‘pulling’ the page downwards to refresh and for the App to check your location (please remember to allow and approve this function)
5. If you would like to search for a particular location, click on this and type into the search box and click ‘go’
6. Click on this button to ‘skim’ the price. You can use the usual price beside the selling price on Sugar which is in grey and stuck off.
After ‘skimming it’, the button will change to a blue one and this is where you get your friends to join in the fun and help to skim the price!
Please note you may only reduce the price for that particular item once a day.
You may choose to buy the item after you and your friends have skimmed or wait till the lowest price available.
If the item has reached its lowest price, it will show it as the picture below and there will be a ‘pop out’ notification to state that the item has reached it lowest price for the day.
You will also be notified should the item is sold out for the day.
7. If you would like to only search for yummy food, click onto the top left hand side and there would be a drop down menu which you can choose your preference.
8. Check your cart for your orders that are pending, purchased or purchased
9. View your settings for your account balance, FAQS etc
Your user name would be the mobile number which you used to register the account with.
How to top up your credits?
10. Click on ‘Account Balance’ under the ‘Settings’ page and choose your preferred amount. As mentioned, you will be able to receive more free credits when you top up!
After which, choose your preferred payment method.
11. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions before purchasing as some orders may only be redeemed at specific timings/days. The address of the merchant will also be stated on the same page.
You may consider making reservations to prevent disappointment as some of these outlets are really popular!
12. Schedule a date with your buddies and head down to redeem the item by just informing with the staff that you would like to redeem your order. The staff would have prior knowledge of what to do. All they need is to key in their merchant code to verify the order and tadah, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy your food or lesson!
On top of that, there is a Sugar event tomorrow, 8th July, held at Mariko’s which you must come…!!!
Named after Mariko, a fictional prostitute by Tatsumi Yoshihiro, the Japanese inspired bar-restaurant is a homage to Jiak Chuan Road’s seedy past as a former red-light district. Echoing the tongue-in-cheek concept, Mariko’s bar-favourites include cheekily named cocktails, The Wife and The Callgirl Martini.
This event is Sugar’s ultra-exclusive launch which will be held on the 8th July where you will be able to literally eat sushi off the body of a gorgeous model! Get ready for a full-frontal assault on your senses, including a feast for both your eyes and palate!
How to get those tickets? Simple, by just downloading Sugar app! But be quick because tickets are selling out like hot cakes!!!
I will be there so I hope to see you there as well! 😀
So, as I was saying about cafe-hopping yesterday, I managed to snag a very delicious ‘Brekkie in a Bowl’ at Drury Lane for ONLY $2.00!!! The usual price is $12!!! So that’s like what, $10 difference?!
I must say that although I got it at only $2, the portion and quality was not compromised. The service was awesome as well! 🙂
My friends both had this :
And their drinks :
While I had a cafe cappuccino :
Overall rating :
I’m sorry this is such a lengthy post, but on to my next cafe review!
We proceeded to Department of Caffeine next after one of my friends recommended and because I’m such a coffee addict, I chose this 0ver another cafe called ‘Restore’.
Please note that this is not on the Sugar app.
All the cafes are actually located very close to one another, along Duxton Hill/Tanjong Pagar.
Now, what did I tell you about the severity of my addiction? :O
The cafe mocha was great and quite chocolate-y and because my friends were quite full from the food they had at Drury’s, I ended up snacking alone… #FAT
I had Fried Dory for finger food…I thought this was quite exp as it costs $8 for 4 fish bits…?
The place is quite small and the service was okay. Except that they told us that their kitchen closes at 6pm and their cafe at 7.30pm and they were sort of hurrying us to finish up. I wasn’t even done with my last fish bit and the waitress actually wanted to clear it already, which made me quite pissed.
The mocha was great but maybe be a tad too chocolate-y and the fish had uneven batter as in some parts were saltier than the rest.
Overall rating :